Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sunset Temptations by C.R. Moss




We're big on caffeine here at CFE, so what's your favorite drink with a kick? What's your guilty pleasure?
Drink with a kick… I do like a good Irish Coffee.  A guilty pleasure would be Haagen-Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.

What drew you to this genre?
I kind of fell into the Erotic Romance genre when a woman I knew told me her publisher was looking for submissions. After reading some of the titles published through the company, I did up a few stories, submitted the first and have been writing erotic romance since. Back in college I read erotic works for an English course I was taking. Then over the years I’ve read literary erotica, so writing it wasn’t that big of a stretch. My first love though is horror and one of these days I’m going to get a horror story done and published.

What's your favorite subgenre in Erotica? (eg. BDSM, LGBT, Paranormal, etc.)
I don’t really have a favorite since I’ll read just about anything. What I read depends upon what kind of mood I’m in.

How long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing since childhood, but I wasn’t published until 2008.

Please describe your writing environment.
Depending upon my mood, what I’m writing and the weather, I could be writing in my office at my big computer desk. Might have some incense burning and the television on to the New Age music channel. Or, I might be out in the living room with my laptop in my recliner. Or, if it’s not blazing hot outside, I’m out on the patio jotting down words in a notebook with a trusty pen.

What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both?
I’d say I’m a combination of the two. When I have an idea for a story and my muse is chomping at the bit for me to write it, I’ll do what’s called an information dump where I’ll outline the story through brief descriptions of scenes or dialogue or a combination of them. It’s like a pre-first draft. Then I’ll work off that draft while keeping my mind open and being flexible to any changes that might crop up. To say that’s plotting just seems too rigid to me.

Do you have a ritual when it comes to writing? Example….get coffee, blanket, paper, pen and a comfy place?
First thing I normally do is check email, then I’ll check Facebook. Next I’ll get to my writing projects. When I’m working on a story, I’ll reread and do editing on the parts I haven’t edited yet to catch myself up. I’ll make the font a color other than black to keep track of what I’ve already gone through. Then I’ll write the new material. If I’m starting a new project, I do an information dump and outline as much of the story that’s in my head first thing. Then I work off the outline, fleshing out all the ideas and stuff as per above.  But then, when I'm really focused on a project, I tend to just plough through it and focus only on getting it done...staying up late writing, getting up early and getting back to the story, eating when I think I can get away from my ‘desk’ without ruining the flow...  [Day 9 ‘special word’: today!] I say ‘desk’ because sometimes, like I said, if it’s nice outside, I’ll grab my notebook and pen and either sit on my patio, or go to the pool, and write. The house and social life suffers, but I’m a slave to my art. :)

Stilettos: Sexy or not?
On others – sexy. On me – not. I don’t wear heels and even when I try to I look like a newborn foal trying to find its legs.

Do you have anything special you do to get into the writing mood?
I’ll light incense. Maybe get some sun. Take a bath. Things that help me relax and clear my mind.

What’s been the most challenging part of writing erotica, for you?
Fitting the meat of the story with the sex – making sure it flows and makes sense to the storyline. And, sometimes the sex scenes themselves have been a challenge.

Where won't you go with erotica? What are your taboo’s?
I don’t see me doing real heavy BDSM. Light B&D. Some S&M but I don’t know if I could do the lifestyle aspect of it and do it justice. But then again, I don’t like to say never. Who knows, I might get an idea and want to explore a new aspect of topics in my writing.

Erotica has the ability to be as sweet or as raunchy as you like it. Where do you feel your work fits in the spectrum?
My stories are somewhere in the middle.

What is the hardest part of writing a sex scene?
Making the act more emotional and more of a sensual experience rather than just a physical feel good act.

Do you ever have issues with the language, specifically when referring to anatomical parts? I mean how many ways can one really say dick or pussy without it getting a little old? Are there any terms you refuse to use or, on the flip side, are their words that are your go-to words simply for the shock value?
Sometimes. It’s hard to find words to take place of the normal ones without heading into purple prose land. It took me awhile to use and get used to using the word pussy. I can’t seem to bring myself to use the C word when it comes to the female. One of these days I will though.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

~ Blurb for Sunset Temptations – a 1NightStand story from Decadent Publishing ~
(Book Content / Warnings: Contemporary, Erotic, Chick Lit, Romance, Menage, Alternative / Oral, anal, GLBT, [MM, MMF, MFM])
Can wishes come true in just one night?
* Roommates, Ivy Tramonto and Kiran Emerson, are heading out for their blind dates set up through a prestigious matchmaking service. Neither know anything about the men they’re to meet at a charity event being held in a mountain resort, but they’re looking forward to the adventure and forgetting about all their problems for an evening.
* Resort owner, Robert Bourbon, doesn’t have time to play the field, especially when he wants a polyamorous relationship. After requesting the services of Madame Eve, he’s matched with the perfect pair and believes life can’t get any better.
* Everything seems to be going great, until a mistake one of them made comes back to haunt them.
* Will they make it through the dilemma or will they miss out on having their true desires granted?

~ Excerpt ~
   Claiming her mouth once more, he sought entry with his tongue and flicked it against hers, savoring the sweet taste of her—reminiscent of the apple cobbler and the vanilla ice cream served for dessert. He broke the kiss. “How about you get naked, Kiran?”
   Kiran shucked his clothes, baring his beautiful erection.
   Robert’s pulse quickened with thoughts of how Kiran’s cock would feel in his mouth and ass. He moved from Ivy and stood. Quick as he could, he stripped. “How about the three of us get on the bed?” he asked. “I’d really like to taste your pussy, Ivy, while you suck on Kiran’s cock.”
   The smiles they offered were all the consent he needed.
   Kiran settled back against the pillows, looking like a Roman statue, all hard planes and sculpted muscles. Ivy, with her gentle curves, licked her way down his chest. She kissed the tip of his penis, lay beside his legs then sucked on the cock. Kiran cupped the side of her head. The pair made such a breathtaking sight, their beauty almost broke Robert’s heart.
   He slid onto the bed next to her, pulled her underwear off, and moved her legs apart. He’d been anticipating tasting her since he met her and planned to savor the moment. Positioning his head at her crotch, he reached up and kneaded her tits while licking her folds and teasing her clit. He loved the taste and scent of her musky flesh and lapped the area harder, dipping his tongue into her. She grasped his head and tousled his hair. A low, deep moan rolled from her throat.
   A small gasp escaped him when her hips bucked, which pressed her crotch firmly against his face. Madame Eve had outdone herself setting him up with this wonderful pair. He didn’t want this time together to end just yet. He stopped and lifted his head. “It’s time to switch. My turn to taste Kiran.”
   “Would you like me to suck you, Robert?” Ivy inquired.
   Stunned by her boldness and the pulsating lust charging through his body, he fell speechless and nodded, then cleared his throat. “Yes. Oh yes.”


Do you have any advice for other writers?
Learn the craft, from grammar to story building and everything in between. Adhere to the rules for a while. Once you do that, then you’ll understand how and when to break the rules and really let your creativity thrive.  After learning the craft, start promoting yourself before the first story is picked up/published. And if you’re going the e-book route through e-book publishers, get two or three places under your belt right away. If you’re doing the independent route (or e-publisher even), perhaps finishing two or three books first before you send book one out to the world would be a good idea. This way you don’t have to rush in starting to build a back list and can space out the publications of the ones you already have done while you work on more. But on top of knowing about writing mechanics, learning about marketing and promotion and getting that going is just as important.

~ Now for the fun stuff! ~
Remember the Day 9 ‘special word?’ It’s part of the ‘Scavenger Hunt!’ Details: Leave a comment about this post along with your first name & email addy. Then email the ‘special words’ along with your name to crmoss@cox.net. ~~ Please DO NOT leave the 'special word(s)' in the comment section of this blog. ~~ Each day you participate on this tour will count as one entry into the first drawing. Yes, there’s a second drawing as well! For more details and lists of the dates, locations & prizes of this tour and hunt, visit: http://crmoss.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_26.html  Thanks for having me on your blog today, and thank you, readers, for stopping by!

More on ‘Sunset Temptations’ and links for where you can buy the book can be found at: http://crmoss.com/books/sunset-series/sunset-temptations/

Find C.R. Moss & links to her other social media outlets at:
Website: http://crmoss.com/

Come out to the hottest readers’ conference in the west, Hot Mojave Knights, and meet C.R. & other great authors ~ Las Vegas, NV - October 2013 ~ http://www.hotmojaveknights.com/

4 comments:

Mer said...

Thanks for the insight into your writing process! Especially the question on outlining. I would imagine stories sometimes take surprising twists during the writing process.

dancingcelt at gmail dot com

Suzanne said...

You sound like a fun but reserved person, thanks for the interview.
suzyrph@charter.net Suzanne

Shadow said...

You left off there?! Your killing me with the excerpts! Man, that was hot!! Love the post! Very nice!! :) Thanks for sharing with us and letting us into your head! Ive had so much fun following along on the hunt! Its been a blast! :) Best wishes!
Shadow
shadowluvs2read(at)gmail(dot)com

Sydney said...

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us.
Had a blast following you on the tour
Was a pleasure to get to know you Chris.
LOL... I cannot wear stilettoes even if someone puts a gun to my head :)
Best Wishes,
Sydney W
Bookaddict100(AT)gmail(DOT)com