Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Let's hear it for the boys!


Photo Credit


Today, we're appreciating the men in our lives



I think I'm a pretty lucky girl, to have landed the wonderful husband I have.

He's not Mr. Romance
He often forgets special occasions
And, no matter how many times I ask, he still won't put a new bag back in the trash after he dumps it. (At least he dumps it right?)

And that's OK. The things he does far outweigh the little petty annoyances in our daily life.

My husband is my rock.

When I'm down and depressed, he does everything he can to make me laugh. I've always said, I love a man who can make me laugh.

When I'm feeling overwhelmed by life, he tries to help me lessen the load. Without me having to say anything, he'll take Munchkin out for ice cream, when he see's I'm stressed and need a few minutes of peace.

When I'm stuck for ideas, and writer's block rears its ugly head, he acts as my sounding board and helps me work through plot problems.

When I began writing, he pushed me to keep going, even during the many times of self doubt I had. He believes in me and wants me to succeed.

When a bad review comes in (can't please them all, right?), he gets up in arms, and defends my writing. Just hearing him praise my work, even if no one else hears it, fills me with pride.

When I put on the 20lb wedding ring (girls, you know what I'm talking about), he never once suggested I looked any less attractive. In fact, there are many times where he makes a point to tell me he loves my big butt. LoL.

And finally, He can love me when I'm at my worst: angry, agitated, and looking for a fight (basically, when I'm a complete beast to deal with. Hey, no relationship is perfect and there are occasionally some very bad days.) He's helped me quit smoking a few times, and let me tell you, isn't pretty. He knows my temperament well and doesn't fault me for it. He rides out the storm and when it's done, he still tells me, I'm the love of his life.


That's why I'm so lucky to have my hubby. He's my rock, my love, and my Knight in tarnished armor. Is he a perfect man? As far as I'm concerned... Yep!

So now I want to hear from you. Share your appreciation for the man in your life. Tell us why he's your perfect match.

Let's here it for the boys!

3 comments:

Edward D Padilla said...

You got a good man - I'll post shortly -

femlycan said...

Yes you are fortunate my friend!

Rozlyn Sparks said...

Thanks you guys! Now, I want to hear your praise for your man.

Tell us why he's great!!