Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just a quick one...

Hi everyone. Sorry I'm a little late in posting this.

For those who don't know, I live in a city named Brisbane, which is the capital city of Queensland, the second largest state in Australia. If you've seen the international news lately, you may know what's going on. There is severe flooding in many parts of Queensland, and Brisbane is the latest casualty.

My family, my house and my possessions are all completely safet. We live in a higher area. Many others are far less fortunate.

What has been so touching for me has been the weight of concern I've received from people in other Australian states, and even more notably, from many people across the world.

It's been said more than once that friends are the family you'd have if you could choose. It's never been more evident to me than right now.

Thank you to everyone who's taken an interest. As I say, I'm in no danger, and it would take a double-biblical deluge to put my place in danger. As such, I don't feel any compunction in posting this link, in case anyone has the means to donate a little to help the victims who nature has beaten but not conquered.

This tragedy has covered a great deal of our state. To put that into a geographical perspective, Queensland is approximately 2.5 times the size of Texas.

Cheers,
Willsin

No comments: