Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MIA

Hi everyone.

First up, please let me extend my apologies for my month-long absence. I had a whole bunch of stuff going on and something had to give.

There seems to be something going around at the moment. A whole lot of my writer friends and acquaintances are having the same kind of trouble as I am. I'm hearing it everywhere in one form or another. The inability to write.

Maybe it's writer's block. Maybe it's the day job. Maybe it's family. For me, it was all those things and more. I was at a crossroads where I genuinely wondered whether writing was still something I wanted to do. And if not, what then? It's how I've seen myself for many years: a writer. Whether I was writing or not, whether I was published or not. I was a writer.

Thankfully, I've cleared that hurdle again. It's not the first time I've felt that way, and it's not the last time I will.

That's about all for now. Short and sweet. I'll catch you all again next week.

2 comments:

madelineelayne said...

Willsin,

So glad to see the hurdles been cleared. I think we all have those moments, whether they be seconds or months. They become a tragedy when they wind up not being temporary.

Your writing is too delicious to deprive the world of it. Welcome back.

Willsin Rowe said...

Thank you, Madeline. I know you know what I'm on about. You were one of the writers I was thinking about in that second paragraph.

One of the inherent downsides to being a writer can be the lack of feedback, so I truly appreciate your kind words.