Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

A lovely afternoon

I had the chance of spending this afternoon at Eloisa James' Parisian apartment before she leaves for NYC next week. We'd organized a tea-party, which turned into a champagne party (pink champagne is definitely the way to go!). Invites had been sent on Facebook and Eloisa's site, but in the end only a few people turned up (including my own mom!).

I had the amazing opportunity of talking with Eloisa one-on-one for an hour or so, and it was great to be able to chat about books, genres, likes and dislikes, favorite authors, etc..
It's made me realize how much I'd missed that. Of course, the Internet is great. Just here on this blog, we're from three different continents - I mean, seriously, how cool is that? I read blogs daily. I'm often a lurker but I follow discussions and reviews religiously.
I just haven't been able to chat with someone about books in a long time. And boy, did that feel good.

I came out two hours ago with a bag filled with books and a wide smile on my face. And no, the champagne wasn't to blame! I guess books really make a girl happy. Well, this girl anyway...

1 comment:

Willsin Rowe said...

Yeah...this girl too...