Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Let's get to know each other better

Today, I decided to do something a lil different. We now have 70 followers. That is really great, but that's also a lot of people to know/follow. Some of you, we already might. Some of you might be new to our blog. So I thought it would be good if everyone could fill out the questionnaire below in the Comments section.

Yes, it's childish but it's also a lot of fun! So, let's get to know each other a lil bit better, shall we? I'll start...

1. What is your occupation? Policy Officer (and in my spare time, I'm an Author!).



2. What color are your socks right now? Not wearing any right now, just sandals.



3. What are you listening to right now? My iPod. Right now, it's Rehab by the Glee Cast.



4. What was the last thing that you ate? Lunch which was a toasted bagel with mozzarella, tomato slices, basil leaves and dark olives (Yum!).



5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yep.



6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow.



7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? A stupid applicant.



8. Last person you had sex with? My husband (Crazy, I know!).

9. How old are you today? 30.



10. Favorite drink? Non-alcoholic: Coffee. Semi-alcoholic: Bitter Shandy.



11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Soccer.



12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Nope, but I have highlights and lowlights.



13. Pets? Robbie the cat and Romeo the dog. They're cute and behave like brothers, but I'm tired of being woken up at 5.30 every day because it's 'breakfast time'!



14. Favorite food? Anything with cheese (I'm easy like that :).



15. Last movie you watched? Legally Blonde 2 on TV the other day.



16. Favorite Day of the Year? Christmas.



17. What do you do to vent anger? Get very pissy inside my own head, cry or vent out loud.



18. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Teeny Doll.



19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring.



20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.



21. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry.



26. When was the last time you cried? Uhmm. I think it was the first time my daughter told me, "I love you, Mommy." I said, "You too, baby.", scrambled to the kitchen to tell my husband, then promptly burst into tears. Ahhh!



27. What is on the floor of your closet? Old clothes I need to bin.



28. What erotica genre(s) do you prefer reading? Contemporary. Rubenesque. Ménage.



29. If you could be anywhere else for a day, where would that be? In L.A. stalking (Long story!).



30. Favorite smell? Freshly-cut grass.

31. What inspires you? Anything, really. I could be listening to a song and a lyric would make me think of a possible plot. My mind's always buzzing. It's just too bad I don't have that much time to write!



32. What are you afraid of? Family members dying.



33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese!



34. What's your next goal in life? Become a full-time writer. 



35. Favorite author? I have a lot but lately, Kristan Higgins is my fave. She always manages to make me feel a myriad of emotions when I read her books. I laugh, I cry, I emote. Lol. Love her.



36. Number of keys on your key ring? 7. And I wonder why my purse is heavy!



37. How many years at your current job? 6 and a half.



38. How many eggs does it take to make a good omelet? 3 if I have my say. 6 if you're my husband.



39. How many countries have you been to? 12: France, UK, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Greece, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, USA.

40. If you could tell us one thing, what would it be? Can I have a nap now?
 
So, who's next? Enjoy!

2 comments:

Willsin Rowe said...

1. What is your occupation? Typesetter (aspiring professional author and musician).

2. What color are your socks right now? White with black bits.

3. What are you listening to right now? My son arguing against turning the Playstation off.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Butterscotch shortbread biscuits.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Dark green.

7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Harry, my band’s lead singer.

8. Last person you had sex with? My wife.

9. How old are you today? 40.

10. Favorite drink? Non-alcoholic: Coffee. Alcoholic: Drambuie

What is your favorite sport to watch? Boxing.

12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes. Blond streaks for a while in the late 80s.

13. Pets? An old kelpie-cross (dog) called Powdered Toast. We just call her PT. Although lately I’ve taken to calling her “Stinky”.

14. Favorite food? “Boost” bar. Don’t know if they exist by that name in other countries.

15. Last movie you watched? National Treasure: Book of Secrets. I have no defence...I was young...I needed the money...I was watching Diane Kruger...



16. Favorite Day of the Year? Tomorrow.

17. What do you do to vent anger? Bring out the big voice!

18. What was your favorite toy as a child? My minibike.

19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Spring.

20. Hugs or kisses? Kisses.

21. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry.

26. When was the last time you cried? I’m a man! Never!

27. What is on the floor of your closet? Piles of stuff we cleared out of the kitchen cupboards when we renovated.

28. What erotica genre(s) do you prefer reading? Contemporary, urban...is “gritty” a genre? Thanks to Katie I’m getting into paranormal, too.

29. If you could be anywhere else for a day, where would that be? The USA. Anywhere there. Or Canada.

30. Favorite smell? The first drops of rain on baking hot asphalt.

31. What inspires you? Anything, really. I could be listening to a song and a lyric would make me think of a possible plot. My mind's always buzzing. It's just too bad I don't have that much time to write!

32. What are you afraid of? Mediocrity.

33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? You can’t say no to cheese.

34. What's your next goal in life? Support my family through my creative endeavours.

35. Favorite author? Terry Pratchett.

36. Number of keys on your key ring? I don’t actually have a key ring.

37. How many years at your current job? 9. It’s nearly 10 years since I started there, but I quit after 5 and then went back.

38. How many eggs does it take to make a good omelet? I think I’d agree with Emma. 3.

39. How many countries have you been to? 16. Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium (been through it on the bus), USA (Hawaii only), Thailand (airport only)

40. If you could tell us one thing, what would it be? Can I have a nap now?

Rozlyn Sparks said...

1. What is your occupation? Writer/Mommy



2. What color are your socks right now? I'm barefoot, as usual.


3. What are you listening to right now? The gentle hum of a fan.



4. What was the last thing that you ate? Ribs!! Had dinner with the folks.



5. Can you drive a stick shift? Sort of.



6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Aquamarine



7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Hubby



8. Last person you had sex with? Hubby. What did you expect me to say?

9. How old are you today? 29



10. Favorite drink? Redbull



11. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball



12. Have you ever dyed your hair? All the time. Died it blood red a few weeks ago. It's faded some but I am really loving the copper color now.


13. Pets? Boose, Shady, and Lurky. My three odd-ball cats. I wish I had a dog but we have no back yard. Just wouldn't be fair.



14. Favorite food? Burgers fresh off the grill!!



15. Last movie you watched? Twilight Eclipse



16. Favorite Day of the Year? Halloween.



17. What do you do to vent anger? Punching things help. Inanimate objects though. Pillows can absorb lots of frustration and won't break your fist. =p



18. What was your favorite toy as a child? I collected stuffed animals. My daughter does it now too.



19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Fall. Less allergies.



20. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.



21. Cherry or Blueberry? Cherry.



26. When was the last time you cried? Not long ago.



27. What is on the floor of your closet? Tons of shoes.



28. What erotica genre(s) do you prefer reading? I like anything with a paranormal element. If not that, menage is good too!



29. If you could be anywhere else for a day, where would that be? On the beach playing in the waves.


30. Favorite smell? White Citrus (Bath and Body works fragrance). Either that or my hubbies cologne.

31. What inspires you? Life


32. What are you afraid of? Death



33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese!



34. What's your next goal in life? Become a full-time writer.



35. Favorite author? Anne Rice, Christine Feehan, Patricia Briggs, the list could go on for a while. LoL.



36. Number of keys on your key ring? 7. and a ton of goofy key rings too.


37. How many years at your current job? 6 My daughter just turned 6 this May.



38. How many eggs does it take to make a good omelet? Would you believe I've never cooked an omelet?



39. How many countries have you been to? 1 Canada.

40. If you could tell us one thing, what would it be? My head hurts from all the questions. No more answers now. =p