Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I like to write about...

What do you like to write about?

We all have our certain niche. Our thing we really like to write on. It may be broad and encompass an entire genre. Some people like to explore the depths of high fantasy and create whole new worlds. Others may take a different approach and only focus on a specific type of character or creature.

Me, I like to write about vampires. In fact every story I have written has included those creatures of the night in one way or another.

Personally, I think vampires are Sexy, and this is why I like to write about them.
First off, remember they are a predator. It is in their nature. And, let’s face it women, we do like being chased (by men we want to catch us.)

Vampires, in romance or erotica novels, always seem to be chosen and turned at the peak of their lives. They are at their most virile. Males are hard bodied and don’t have an ounce of flab on them. (Every woman’s dream, right?) They have piercing eyes that can reach into your very soul and mesmerize the pants right off of you. (Not that many of us might mind that… LoL.)

Of course, let’s not forget that they are the ultimate bad boy. And women, we cannot deny that somewhere deep down, there is a lingering desire for the danger and excitement they offer.

The teeth too have their own sex appeal. They are not only phallic on a subconscious level; they represent the very real danger that makes you tingle with anticipation.
So let’s talk about that bite, shall we? Where do vampires typically bite? The neck. It’s a known erogenous zone. But there is more than just that. It goes a little deeper. It’s that primal hunger that adds to their sex appeal. Here is a hot, hard-bodied man who hungers for you. It’s a very sexual thought that sends a thrill of excitement down your spine.

So, that’s just a few of the reasons I write about vamps. Now it’s your turn. Bringing the question back from the top. What do you like to write about and why?

4 comments:

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

Vampires Vampires Vampires!!
I just love them! Who doesn't love them? I mean whats not to love...dont answer that. I also love to write about anything paranormal. Im currently working on a demon book. Its my first time writing about a demon so it should be interesting.

Willsin Rowe said...

I like to write darknesses and weaknesses. People who do things they strongly desire and hate themselves for it, a-la "The Three-Day Hump". For this reason, and because I've been inspired by the lovely Rozlyn, I'm going to take a stab at some vampires (with a pen, not a sword or stake).

Emma Hillman said...

I write what I want to read; it's that simple. It's basically why I started writing: I couldn't find the stories I was yearning for, so I decided to just write them myself.

The genres may vary but the characters tend to share the same traits. I guess I have my favorites :)

Rozlyn Sparks said...

I like that simple statement. "I write what I want to read." That just gets right down to it, doesn't it!

Willsin I can't to read your first take on vampires!!!

Leilani, good luck with your demon book. I hope to hear more about this in the future.