Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Spreading the word...

I think I've said it before, but I will again: I hate self-promoting.

I never know what to do, or how to do it. I know I should promote my current releases. I know that, but it doesn't make it any easier!

It's always a bit odd to put yourself out there, and say, "Please, come and buy my books! They're very good. I know...I wrote them myself!". I wish I could hire a publicist, just for that reason. I wouldn't be able to pay him/her lots, but it'd be a great load off my mind.

I decided a few months back that instead of sending promo emails to Yahoo Groups (which I decided was pointless - even I didn't read them!), I would enter any writing contest/opportunity I could find. I'm not sure how it's working out sales-wise, but I'm enjoying the challenge.

Here's the latest I've found: Every Night Erotica is an online magazine that aims to publish a new short erotica piece every night. I must admit I don't have a lot of short stories in stock, but I sent them one, and 'Hello there' will be released tomorrow as their first Romance piece.

Do you remember 'Cold Coffee on a Warm Day' by Kiki Howell? Of course, you do! It won 1st place in our Flash Fiction Contest! Well, the story will be released a ENE on Sunday. Congrats, Kiki!

Happy writing, everyone!

4 comments:

Willsin Rowe said...

It's a tough one, Emma. All of us here at Coffee-Fueled know the quality of your work. It's out there and doing great things on Fictionwise.
As far as promo...well...
As you know it's not uncommon to post a blog or interview, or email a group and get crickets and tumbleweeds back.
Success is not always about good writing, but it's always about making people aware...

Leilani @Leilani Loves Books said...

Hey Em,
I have a blog if you'd like to check it out. I would love to do an interview, contest, ect. anything that could help promote your books!
Good luck,
-Leilani

Jenna Alexander said...

Congrats on getting your story accepted to that online mag.

Jenna

Rozlyn Sparks said...

I'll have to go check out this Every Night Erotica. Thanks for the link and congrats on getting a story in there!