Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

A Question of Heros

Have you ever read a book where the hero was everything you'd have wanted, except for one little thing? Ever thought "Dang, if he had green eyes, he'd be perfect!"?

I've read a book this week, where the hero, Gabriel, is one of the best I've encountered in a long while. The book is called 'Nine Rules To Break When Romancing A Rake' by Sarah MacLean. It's a historical romance, and believe you me, it's amazing. Actually, that should be: AMAZING. I love it when I find a book that's immediately going to be a keeper, even when I haven't even finished it yet.

For me, my 'perfect hero' would be Kevin in the Ex-Footballers Series (Location, Location, Location and Yes, No, Maybe). This might sound odd as he's definitely not a perfect man. He's abrupt, takes what he wants and leaves, but he's also...well, I guess he's my fantasy. Which is quite odd in itself as my husband is not like that at all. In fact, he's a sweetie.
But my hero, Kevin, is an Alpha male who takes no prisoners, except when his wife is concerned. :) I've actually come to realize that most of my heros fit that mould. I like them strong and rough, hard around the edges but not so that a good woman won't make them bend. Seriously, what more could you ask for?

Anyhow, going back to heros, If you could create the perfect hero, what would he be like? Or, fellow authors, have you already created him? Did he turn out exactly like you'd imagined him?

No comments: