Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another venture...

Hi there, y'all (gosh I almost sound like a yank!)

As well as writing smut and creating cover art, I've recently added "Book Trailer Maker" to my gradually increasing set of skills. In the past couple of weeks I've created two of which I'm quite proud. My method is slow and painstaking, but it allows me to create trailers which are unlike most of the ones flying around out there. I even go so far as to create animations frame-by-frame in Photoshop.

The first of these trailers was for our own very lovely Rozlyn Sparks/Katie Salidas, for her upcoming release of "House of Immortal Pleasures". Having made the cover art I was in a wonderful position to use it creatively. If you're interested in seeing it, the link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SADKq5QGO8

My other trailer is for the Dirtyville/Kinkyville anthology, which both the divine Emma Hillman and the workmanlike Willsin Rowe (hey, I know him!) have stories in. I got very silly with this trailer, taking inspiration from mid-20th Century newsreels and educational films. If you're interested in this one, it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1wW3gfOLN8

And in both cases, I even wrote and arranged the music! Now if I could just balance my cheque book...or find my keys...one OR the other would do...

2 comments:

Emma Hillman said...

Finally had time to watch this...LOVE it, Willsin!

Rozlyn Sparks said...

Willsin, you are uuber talented and a doll to work with.

I can't thank you enough for your hard work on the trailer you did for me and the book cover too.