Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day

Early Valentine's Day

In deference to Sunday's celebrations, I thought I'd ask each of you what V-Day means. Some people don't 'believe' in it, some people love it. Some people don't care either way.

For me, Valentine's Day will always hold a special place in my heart. On our first V-Day together, my then boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed. I still wear that ring, even though we were broke (students!) at the time and it'd been on sale at the local jeweller's. I don't care because, well, he bought it for me!

Now 11 years later, I'm not sure that day could ever be surpassed. So, I'll be waiting for some nice flowers...and maybe a colorful card. Thank you!

2 comments:

Secretia said...

That's nice, 11 happy years, many more!

Secretia

Ryan said...

I was going to be an asshole, but since he proposed to you that day I won't.

Anyway, Valentine's Day is a hard time for me right now. I don't have a job, so I don't a great deal of income to do anything super special for my wifey. What I want to do in the future though, is buy a lot of brand new cars, and spell out I love you with them. I need to get rich fast. Lol.

What I was going to say earlier was that V-Day is a shortening of Victory Day in Europe. A celebration of the end of one of the two World Wars. Can't remember which. I do apologize for starting to sound like an ass.