Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Frozen Flash


OOOOPS - I completely missed my day to post. I blame the weather since the current temp where I live is -24. That's NEGATIVE 24 degrees!!

My brain must be frozen.

I thought I would share one of my silly flash stories with you today. Let me know what you think.


Naughty Boy
By Jenna Alexander


“Hello, Bailey Technology, Mike speaking.”

“Hello, Mr. Johnson?”

“Yes?”

“This is Sister Mary Catherine from St. Stevens.”

“What did my son do now?”

“Well, David was just brought into the office. It seems he’s been teaching the other students some inappropriate language.”

“He’s been swearing again? I warned him about that.”

“No, not swearing.”

“I’m confused, what kind of inappropriate language?”

“David’s been accessing the internet during lunch and giving the other boys anatomy lessons.”

“He what!? Wait, how is he pulling up the internet in the cafeteria?”

“That’s one thing we wanted to ask you. Did you give him an iPhone?”

“An iPhone? No!”

“While in the lunchroom he was able to gain access to the school’s secured wireless network.”

“You’re kidding.”

“No, I’m not. Apparently for the last week, David’s been conducting lessons on female anatomy. He’s quite organized using vocabulary lists, diagrams, and even a few video clips.”

“Lord help me. Oh, sorry Sister.”

“We only found out about it because he patched into the school’s network and saved some files.”

“Unbelievable.”

“He planned to print off a packet for today’s lesson until Sister Helen discovered it spooling in the print queue.”

“I can’t believe this. Oh crap, does the iPhone have a Bailey Technology keychain hanging from it?”

“Yes. I assume this is yours?”

“I’m so sorry about this. I thought it was stolen.”

“Mr. Johnson, please don’t take this the wrong way, but perhaps you should look into one of the local charter schools for David. We love having him at St. Sevens but he has so much… potential. Perhaps Today Academy has an opening.”

“Oh right, they have a great technology immersion program.”

“He has amazing skills.”

“Yeah, especially for a third grader.”

- - - The End - - -

3 comments:

Secretia said...

The fact is third graders can do this any time they want. There is no standard time period for adult privileges any more. No sense lying to the kids, they have access to the truth about everything.

Secretia

Willsin Rowe said...

This is kinda timely for me, actually. My 6-year-old boy, getting into bed tonight, asked his mother "why do willies get stiff?" His mother, my DARLING WIFE, deferred to me! So I went the mechanical route, explaining about bloodflow...I didn't get into the rest of it!

Rozlyn Sparks said...

Kids are just too darn smart these days. My 5 year old already knows too much about computers. God help me when she figures out how to turn on the wireless capabilities of her computer. LoL.