Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, everyone!

As you are reading this, I'm sitting in front of a fire, watching my daughter play with the hundreds of toys Santa (ie. her grandparents) got her.


Last night was spent at my in-laws, eating foie gras then raclette (it's a type of cheese that you grill until it's melted, pour over potatoes, eat with cured ham/sausage and cornichons...YUM).


French people celebrate Christmas Eve, rather than Christmas Day. As I'm half French half British, this means I get the best of both worlds. On Christmas morning, we travel to my family house, lost in the middle of Burgundy. When I say lost, I mean lost. As in, the road stops there and you have to drive 2km to get onto a 'main' road. 10km to get bread. 30km to the nearest train station. Etc. Etc.

Christmas Day at our house includes: turkey and all the trimmings, the Queen's speech at 3pm (and you better be standing up!), Christmas Top of the Pops on TV (Robbie this year, woot! Although so sad for Joe...I'd wanted him to have the #1)... And presents, of course. Crackers. Pudding. Cake. Stilton cheese. Are you seeing a theme in this blog yet? :)



On this note, I'm off to eat something else. Don't blame me if you're suddenly hungry!
As I'm away until the first weekend of January, I cannot guarantee there will be a blog from me next week (Internet connection in the middle of nowhere is modem-fast...30Kb and counting!), but I shall try my very best.
Have an amazing Christmas, everyone, and see you in the New Year!
Em x

2 comments:

Secretia said...

Too much food for me to think about :)

Willsin Rowe said...

Mmm...cheeeeeese... mebbe I should be moving myself over to France...