Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hump Day - Review


For today's installment of Hump Day I am reviewing Willsin Rowe's ebook - Three Day Hump.


I have to admit I’d never heard the expression ‘three day hump’ before reading this story. So when I first saw the title I assumed it would be a fun piece about a marathon sex and exhausting romps.

No - not even close.

In the blurb for this book Willsin describes the term ‘three day hump’ as: An urban myth tells that three days of abstinence will break the back of an addiction.

Opal and Luther have a destructive addiction to each other. Their craving and utter need is portrayed beautifully by Rowe. The storyline is told with a mixture of present scenes and flashbacks. I found this uniquely wonderful. Blending the hot sex scenes with emotion packed sections brought me deep into the minds of these two main characters.

I’ve been told that as a writer to enhance your work you need to bring in the five senses - sight, taste, touch, sound, and smell. Willsin Rowe is a shining example of an author using the senses. I truly felt like I was there.

This story really sneaks up on you, grows and builds into a fantastic page turner - or mouse clicker in the case of an ebook. I found myself rereading paragraphs to enjoy the fantastic descriptions and dialog.

Nothing was missing. Nothing was rushed. The back story as well as the ending were perfect in my eyes.

I simply loved this story. If you like emotion filled, intense or powerful stories this one is for you. It is a perfect mixture of hot, hot sex with uncontrollable, desire, and lust. (Did I mention destructive lust?)

Buy it, buy it, buy it!

2 comments:

Willsin Rowe said...

Aw, shucks, ma'am. You really are too kind. That's such a thorough review, and of course I love that you loved the story. Thank you.

Jenna Alexander said...

You're welcome.