Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday quotes

I love the humorous and profound quotes you hear on movies and television shows.  Because I'm at a loss for anything to blog about this morning, here are some of my favorite lines ever.

Graham Greene:  At the end of what is called the 'sexual life' the only love which has lasted is the love which has everything, every disappointment, every failure and every betrayal, which has accepted even the sad fact that in the end there is no desire so deep as the simple desire for companionship.

Bob Rubin:  Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one . . . and got hit by a bus.

Benjamin Franklin: If you would be loved, love and be lovable.


Margaret Cho:  I don't know if I'm a bottom because it turns me on - or if I'm a bottom because I'm lazy.

Don Schrader:  To hear many religious people talk, one would think God created the torso, head, legs and arms, but the devil slapped on the genitals.

Drew Carey: It isn`t premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married.

Benjamin Franklin again: You can bear your own faults, and why not a fault in your wife?

Helen Keller:  When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.


Drew Carey again:  You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither!

~~
Life is a handful of short stories, pretending to be a novel. (author unknown)

6 comments:

Jenna Alexander said...

I love Margaret Cho.

Jenna

Secretia said...

Life really IS a handful of short stories.

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Me, too, Jenna! Margaret Cho is awesome!

Secretia, I love that quote because it's very true! :)

Rozlyn Sparks said...

Love those quotes Sarah!

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Thanks, Roz! I love quotes. I've always enjoyed reading them and collecting the witty or funny ones. :)

Jenna Byrnes said...

These are great. I love quotes, too. I'll have to swipe a couple of these for my Goodreads fav quotes!