Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

It's November!


I hope everybody had a happy Halloween!  My little zombie went out trick-or-treating with the ghosts, goblins and fairies of the neighborhood.  The costumes were awesome, but they weren't limited to the little ones.  The big kids dressed up, too.  Everybody had a good time.

I've noticed how much fun authors have writing about Halloween.  Have you ever checked out the spooky section of a bookstore or Googled Halloween stories?  There are so many stories about werewolves, vampires, zombies, witches, ghosts and other undead or howlingly hot critters that if that's your favorite kind of reading material, you'll never run out of stories to read.  I've even written a couple that fit into that category.


Now that the big night is over, the trick or treaters and partiers have to wait 'til next year for another big bash, but we who write can keep Halloween going all year if we choose!  And since it's Nano month, I suspect we'll have enough spooky stories to keep us going until next Halloween!


6 comments:

judiebabie said...

I love their costumes! Hi Sarah, big hugs to you!

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Thank you, Judie! :) They had lots of fun dressing up! My son was Michael Myers from 'Halloween', but the pictures of him didn't turn out good. Big hugs back!

Secretia said...

They look lovely, Sarah.

Secretia

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Thanks, Secretia! I told Joseph he looked cute and he said, "I don't want to look cute! I want to look scary!"

Jenna Alexander said...

Fun! My little guy didn't go out this year. He stayed back and jumped out of the bushes to scare kids. I told him he could only do that to older kids. No one got scared but he had fun anyway.

Sarah Levin Colter said...

That was awesome, Jenna! I'm glad he had fun! Kids are so much fun to watch!