Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Work it, Girl!


Photo Credit

This is how I am feeling right now. I've got that old Rupaul song stuck in my head.

you better work ( cover girl )
work it girl ( give a twirl )
do your thing on the runway


I've been in a writing frenzy lately and just finished another short, erotic story. I'm on a roll. I'm strutting around the house like I'm a supermodel, but wait, I'm not a model, I'm a super writer!

And yes, I'm a bit giddy. Perhaps I need to lay off the caffeine for a little. Maybe switch to decaf coffee. LoL.

I know you all know that special feeling, when you write the last words of a story.

You get such a great sense of pride knowing you have created something. You've seen a project from start to finish. You've created a life in your characters and seen them through some great adventure.

Yep it's a great feeling.

Makes you want to jump for joy! Or strut around the house singing.

I sure hope this feeling lasts through editing.

So tell me, how do you feel when you write the last words? Do you get the same feeling of accomplishment, joy, excitement?

5 comments:

staceyjwarner said...

I wrote the last word of my first chapter today and felt great about it. I can't imagine how I'll feel when it is the whole book!

Congrats!

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Awesome! I love it when the muses are rolling! You *should* be strutting, hon! I'm really looking forward to reading some of your stories!

Secretia said...

It is a satisfying feeling to sign off at the bottom.

Secretia

Rozlyn Sparks said...

So is anyone else strutting around; proud to be finished with a project?

Emily Ryan-Davis said...

When I write the last words, I'm immediately certain the piece is a flawless work of genius and appeal to my critique partner to talk me down. :)