Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Research me this!

I've been doing research for years, first for my studies and now at work, but it's a whole different ballgame when you write erotica.

When I had the idea for 'Yes, No, Maybe', after stumbling upon the list of the same name, I quickly realized I wasn't too sure what some of the sex acts were and what they entailed. So here I was, Googling some and feeling my eyes widen as I sputtered, "Wowza!". I actually ended up taking some items out, just because I could imagine my characters being slightly repulsed. Well, maybe not Kevin...Never mind!
On the other end, I did learn a lot! *grins*

For another manuscript, I ended up on PlayGirl's website, checking out the 'free virtual tour' or whatever it's called and watching naked men doing...well, I'm sure you can guess! I imagined my husband coming up behind me and wondering what in hell I was doing. Not sure he'd have believed my excuse of "I'm doing research, baby" but hey, it was true!
Uhmm.
Nice naked men though. Very, uhmm, impressive. *winks*

So here I am, discovering new things every day. And ain't that a kick?

Em x


5 comments:

Secretia said...

I've enjoyed my recent discoveries lately too, and some of the old ones I am re-discovering, under-covering you might say!

Thanks, Emma.

Secretia

Sarah Colter said...

This was a great blog, Emma! Research can include so many different things!

Rozlyn Sparks said...

Oooh, I'd never thought of checking out playgirl for...research. LoL. I can just imagine the hubby seeing that.

Emma Hillman said...

You go look at Playgirl and tell me what the research was about. *grins* It's pretty easy to guess, trust me!

Thanks for the comments, ladies!

The Peach Tart said...

I didn't even know Playgirl was still around. I'll check it out.