Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Muse Hates My Dog



This is my dog Louie. He is 10 lbs of trouble and irritation. I love him to pieces but we will need to replace all of our carpet before we sell this house. He has left pee, poop and puke stains in every room. His favorite spot is my closet.
..
Various things interrupt my writing – laundry, the phone, its 8:45 a.m. and since I need to be to work by 9:00 I should get in the shower… But the one thing that interrupts me the most is my dog!
..
Here are just a few of the distractions he throws my way when I'm writing:
1. I have to go outside

2. No, I guess I didn’t I just wanted you to get up so I could have a biscuit.

3. Have I shown you my squeaky elephant today?

4. There’s a BIRD in our yard!!

5. I have to go outside – really, this time I do.

6. Nope, I just wanted a drink of water and needed you in the kitchen to keep me company.

7. Why are you sitting down? Can’t I have a biscuit?

8. There is a toy stuck down in your chair and I’m going to dig for it until I find it.

9. Am I lying on your arm? Does that bother you while you are trying to type?

10. How about if I demonstrate some sex scenes with my stuffed animal to give you some ideas for your erotica stories?

11. I need to go outside. Seriously. But if you’d rather just give me another biscuit I’d be fine with that.

12. Move over you are taking up too much of the chair.

13. Did you hear that? What was that? Go look. I’m going to stare at you until you go look.

14. Oops. I just peed on the floor – I told you I had to do outside.
..
Ahhh – it’s a good thing I love him.


9 comments:

Secretia said...

He's a cute dog and I think you'll keep him!

Daelith said...

I think the "I have to go outside...no I don't" is a universal dog ploy for "I really need a cookie." I know it is at our house. Hubby falls for it every time. The Rottens have figured out I'm not quite so gullible.

Sarah Colter said...

LOL! He's such a cutie! :)

Jenna Alexander said...

I will keep him Secretia - I do love the little pee monster

the Rottens - funny Daelith. Rottweilers? My niece has one that is a big baby. Thinks he's a lap dog. :-)

Thanks - I think so too Sarah

~ Jenna

staceyjwarner said...

I think your dog hates your muse, LOL!

much love

Okie said...

lol...love the post.

There are a number of things I have a love/hate relationship with when I try to get any writing done.

It's tough trying to balance those priorities sometimes.

Rozlyn Sparks said...

Jenna, your do is just too adorable! I have similar issues with my cats. They feel they need to help me type though. Grrr.

Emerald said...

This post cracked me up. (Seriously, I was laughing out loud.) Thanks!

Evelyn Applegate said...

Lol! My cats are much the same way. I love them, but they seem to really hate it when I'm working.