Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

NanoWriMo


The leaves are falling, the nights are cooler and the first frost is in the forecast.  Autumn reminds me, as a writer, that NaNoWriMo is in the month of November.  With so many stories and edits in the works, I don't know if I'll have the chance to write my yearly novel or not.  If I start a project, I'll want to follow up on it and complete it, but in doing so, I'll be putting other projects on a back burner.  I've got a few days left to decide.


Nano's objective is to write 50,000 words in the month of November.
Writing that many words in a month that only has 30 days seems near impossible to some, but to imaginative, wordy folks, it's just a drop in the bucket.  I vary from one extreme to the other, and I never know what to expect from my fickle muses.  I wish they could be more dependable.


For the prolific writers who complete a 50K story by November 30th, there is a winner icon as a reward.  I have a couple of them from years past.  My username there is levincolter.  I'd be happy to have any Nano writers as friends, even if I don't write a story this year.

7 comments:

Secretia said...

You'll be successful, the writing is so natural, as long as there's time. And Erotica never runs short of ideas!

Good luck today!

Secretia

Jenna Alexander said...

How exciting!! I am too chicken to try. Maybe next year. But that is what I said last year.

:-)

Sarah Levin Colter said...

You're right, Secretia - erotica never runs short of ideas, and it never fails to be interesting to write (or to read). :)

Jenna, I know how busy your life is right now, but it's so much fun to try the Nano challenge. If you can't do it this year, I'll hope for next year for you! I'm in the same boat - too little time, which is why I may not be able to write my novel this year.

Hugs all around!

Ryan said...

I think I'm going to try it (if I get my second draft of my first novel finished before the first), but I don't plan on signing up to do it. If I do that then my mind will decide it really dislikes the idea, and shut me out (Happened during Juju hosted by Purple Clover). So, I'll just keep writing without thinking of it as a competition:)

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Ryan, that's part of my problem, too. I dislike it being a competition. I do much better if it's just for fun. If there's no pressure, I'm more likely to be creative.

Rozlyn Sparks said...

I've decided to do a modified version of nano, since I can't possibly do the full version yet. I'm setting a 500 daily word goal. *crossing my fingers* I hope I can do it.

Sarah Levin Colter said...

Hi Roz! After suffering with migraines for the past several days, I'm with you on the modified version of nano. I doubt I could handle a full-length novel at this time. I like the 500 word daily goal. I may try that, too.